Cal-Nev-Ha District of CKI
Home About Events Resources Community Links Contact Circle K International

     You are here: Community > SUNBLOG > Current Post

 
Monday, May 5, 2008
Governor Travels -UC Davis Banquet

It was definitely great to travel up to Northern California again, which was great. Seeing people you haven't seen for a while is defnitely a relief, especially when I've traveled so much over this past month.

Arriving at UC Davis's banquet, it immediately gave me memories of last year, when people like Jeff and Madeline were on the District Board the past year, introduced as the new Vice President's of the club.

The more I think about it, the more I see what I think to be "The ideal Circle K Member" in both of them.

I think when you have served on a District Board, and then decide to serve on the club board during your last year, you do it for more than just being involved. I really think they both saw the need to step up and help their club stay as amazing as they have been the past four years. I promise you, I think you have seen the results. Kiwanian of the Year, distinguished awards left and right, UC Davis has definitely embodied everything Circle K these past few years.

But just to see those two, along with Emily, who did an amazing job as President, and Ami, who will always kept on top of her funds (and refund checks, haha), do so many amazing things for UC Davis, I just can't put to words how thankful I'm sure their successors are for the foundation they've laid out for future boards to follow.

I want the whole District to know this wonderful board did more than step up the level of dedicating their time to Circle K International. They set out this past year to make a difference, and they did more than that. They were the difference.

Thanks for making UC Davis such an amazing club this past year, and thanks to anyone else who was a part of their amazing climb to awesomeness.

I am so excited for what Melissa Joe and her board will accomplish. I know that with guidance from your past board, the possibilities for success are endless.
posted by Chris Plasterer at

  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Home | About | Events | Resources | Community | Links | Contact
© 2008-2009 California-Nevada-Hawaii District of Circle K International Designed Francis Casanova