Cal-Nev-Ha District of CKI
Home About Events Resources Community Links Contact Circle K International

     You are here: Community > SUNBLOG > Current Post

 
Friday, June 6, 2008
Graduating Seniors

Hello graduating Circle K seniors,

My name is Peter Yu formerly of UC Irvine Circle K and currently a California Young Professionals Kiwanian. I want to tell you guys about CAYP Kiwanis and personal reasons of how this organization helped me. We are a state wide Kiwanis club that was formed by past Circle K'ers and alumni that wished to join a Kiwanis club but are not able to join traditional clubs which tend to meet for several hours during the day. Our club meets every other Sunday via phone conferences which makes it very flexible for young people like ourselves to attend whether we're at home or out at dinner. We also have various in person Happy Hour meetings usually on weekdays after work. The most important thing to convey is that membership is FREE for any graduating Circle K member and all you have to do is send the application form attached and email it back to me.

Personally, after Circle K I still had a large number of my close friends in the organization, but it was weird being the old guy who showed up to events with no real affiliation to club. Being a CAYP Kiwanian allowed me to attend events as a Kiwanis Family member without having that awkward sense of, "what's that guy still doing here?" I know being in CAYP has helped me find a balance between my work and community service adn transition into the "real world".

I think this club's a great fit for many Circle K Alumni out there and all I ask is that you pass this along to anyone you might think is interested. You can contact me at petercyu@gmail.com so please feel free to have anyone contact with questions or if you just wanna talk.

Our website address is http://www.caypkiwanis.org/ if you want to find out more information about our events and meetings.

In the name of Service, Leadership and Fellowship
Peter Yu
2004-2005 UC Irvine Circle K Administrative Vice President
2005-2006 UC Irvine Circle K President
2006-2007 Cal-Nev-Ha Circle K District MD&E chair
posted by Sunny at

  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Home | About | Events | Resources | Community | Links | Contact
© 2008-2009 California-Nevada-Hawaii District of Circle K International Designed Francis Casanova