Cal-Nev-Ha District of CKI
Home About Events Resources Community Links Contact Circle K International

     You are here: Community > SUNBLOG > Current Post

 
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
2009 Governor Tour First Stop - Hawaii!

Happy New Year!

As my term begins to come to a close, I'm given some more time to actually get out to the divisions and speak up on the amazing accomplishments we've had throughout the year.

I am especially excited to make a Governor's visit to the Hawaii to work with the UHM Circle K Club.

Hawaii is a pretty cool place to make a Governor's visit. One of the first things I generally hear about the Kiwanis clubs there is that they ADORE their SLP's (Service Leadership Programs). The love and attention they put into their Key Clubs, KIWIN'S, and Circle K clubs is simply astounding. I'll have the opportunity to present a recruitment session for their club, and also work with Hawaii Pacific University (HPU), who is interested in being the 2nd CKI Club in Hawaii. To be a guest over in Hawaii is really an honor, and I am stoked to have a chance to work with their club.

This type of motivation and growth we are seeing this year is a sign of the effect community service is having on college students worldwide. A third club was added in Nevada, and almost every division in our District has a college interested in starting up a CKI club. Clubs are stepping up and keep traditions alive. Our Go West event was totally revolutionized, given a catchy new name, and gave members a reason to celebrate a year of service by decorating the many rose floats in the Pasadena area. The ability to step up, the ability to lead, and the ability to share our passions with others ... this will definitely be the message I send to you all during my final visits of my term.

Hawaii will definitely be an amazing trip. I leave Friday and return on Tuesday. If there is anything you would like me to forward to our Hawaiian friends while I'm there, feel free to shoot over a reply! Also, if there is something you would LIKE from Hawaii ... well all you have to do is ask!

(Note: As long as I don't get a request for 100 lei's =P )

After Hawaii, I'm already excited for the Metro Division Crab Feed. $22 for all you can eat crab, and proceeds going to UNICEF ... win-win situation.

Now is the perfect time to be a member of Circle K International.
posted by Chris Plasterer at

  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Home | About | Events | Resources | Community | Links | Contact
© 2008-2009 California-Nevada-Hawaii District of Circle K International Designed Francis Casanova