Cal-Nev-Ha District of CKI
Home About Events Resources Community Links Contact Circle K International

     You are here: Community > SUNBLOG > Current Post

 
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Hawaii

Aloha!

Hawaiian Airlines is a pretty amazing airline. Many would be proud of me, I had:

  • Pesto Penne
  • Salad w/ Thousand Island
  • Water, water, water.
The movie I was saw was really interesting too, Eagle Eye. If you haven't seen it, just check it out. In concept, its a pretty crazy way to look at how the Government checks up on us. :D

When I arrived in Honolulu, I was greeted by pretty much the whole UH Manoa CKI Club, and of course E.T. I got a lei, and immediately decided we need to eat. Haha. What can I say, I'm hungry!

We went to a members house, and had a chance to learn how to make spam musubi! Very cheap, very yummy. I'm literally going to make it hardcore when I get back to Vegas.

If you are one of the few who don't know how to make it, check out the SunBox in a few days. We made an instructional video!

After food session, we ventured into Honolulu to find more restaurants and places to hang out. Really the time we spent here was a chance to unwind, find them the fun things to do in Hawaii. Why may you ask?

Because there is an weird assumption being made these days that if you are a community service organization, that's what you are. You just do service. All of us know that isn't true. So how do you show them all the full benefits we have to offer? I personally think you show them a good time. You take them to all these small socials in between meeting days. And you pretty much let them figure it out. They will think, "wow ... I could hang out and do this any other day, but I'm doing it with new people I met, and we even give back a little bit."

I think that's how you really bring non-kfam people into our awesome organization.

I'm getting ready now for day 2, where I will be working with the Kiwanis Clubs and both UH Manoa and Hawaii Pacific University. I really hope we can get them stoked to bring many from the island over to Woodland Hills.

Check out more updates later on in the day! Mahalo!
posted by Chris Plasterer at

  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Home | About | Events | Resources | Community | Links | Contact
© 2008-2009 California-Nevada-Hawaii District of Circle K International Designed Francis Casanova