Cal-Nev-Ha District of CKI
Home About Events Resources Community Links Contact Circle K International

     You are here: Community > SUNBLOG > Current Post

 
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Thank you Golden Gate!




To my dearest Guardians of the Golden Gate Division,

This past Sunday marked my very last DCM as your Golden Gate Lieutenant Governor and it's crazy to think about how it was almost 1 year ago that I held my first one in April. Every year I can't believe how fast time passes and it's relieving and sad to think that wow, I don't have another Circle K office to fulfill next year. As of District Convention, I will be completely done with my, I guess you could call it a "Circle K Career." I'm very proud that I held all the offices I did in this organization and am surprised at how much I loved each one of them--UC Berkeley's Spirit & Social Chair 06-07, President 07-08, and now Golden Gate Lieutenant Governor 08-09. Each was a very different and worthwhile learning experience. I know that what each of these offices put me through developed me into the leader and person I am today. I remember being scared about taking on each position and when I look back on it I'm so glad I made the decision to put myself out there, take risks, to make mistakes, and learn from everything. It's amazing to think of all of the different opportunities and learning experiences a leadership role can give you. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again,
"If you ever have the chance to become a leader, take it. It will be difficult and stressful but the rewards at the end are unimaginable and well worth your efforts. You’ll become a better person as I believe I have from this experience."

Okay enough with my leadership reflection. You won't completely understand until you've put yourself in the same position, so do it! Thank you Golden Gate for an amazing year. I'm thankful to have worked with such wonderful presidents. Needless to say there's always going to be drama throughout the Circle K year but you all made it through. Thank you for helping me by offering project of the month ideas and hosting my DCM's. You guys did an amazing job of supporting each other and the rest of the district. I enjoyed the hours of conversations I had with you all and I'm proud of the relationships we've established on a professional and friendly level. I'll always remember visiting your club's general meetings, helping you at your board retreats, seeing your clubs reach new heights, and watching each of you develop as leaders yourselves.

I'm always so happy to see the Guardians at full force at divisional and district events cheering together. I think this year we've never had such a large, consistent amount of attendance to my Divisional Council Meetings (DCM's) and divisional projects. I mean we had 70 people at our last DCM and about 60 at our February project, now tell me about divisional unity. Actually, I'm surprised at how so many of you are willing to listen to my loud mouth talk and even yell at your for an hour every month. HAHAHAHA. We always roll deep at district events--usually rolling in with over 100 members easily. That makes for a lot of volume and lots of time spent making spirit supplies for me hahahaha. Remember all of the hilarious moments--competing to see who can get the most food donations, our favorite honorary Guardian Khin Win from UC Davis, Capi-Gate Dance Crew practices, planning spirit for FTC & DCON, and endless cheering.

I'm so proud of you kids. With 259 (20%) of Cal-Nev-Ha's 1241 members, together we performed 27,225.9 (32.2%) of this year's total 84,425.3 service hours, fundraised $15,208.94 (43.2%) of the total $35,236.34 raised for our district fundraising initiatives, and performed 364 (33.3%) of the district's 1092 interclubs. I marvel at how we accomplished everything in 1 year. Now let's rock out and celebrate this crazy year together at District Convention.

Congratulations on an explosive, successful 08-09 term and thank you for giving me the honor to serve as your 08-09 Lieutenant Governor. I love you Guardians!

Love,
Cheriz :]

HTTP://cnhgoldengate.org
posted by Cheriz Cajita at

  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Home | About | Events | Resources | Community | Links | Contact
© 2008-2009 California-Nevada-Hawaii District of Circle K International Designed Francis Casanova